Acupuncture NYC | Long Island Acupuncture, New York City,
Alternative Medicine & Chinese Herbal Clinics, New York
|Acupuncture NYC Clinic||Acupuncture Long Island Clinic|
70 West 36th Street, #12D
New York, NY 10018
Tel: (212) 920-4528
|378 South Oyster Bay Road
Hicksville, NY 11801
Tel: (516) 749-2065
Professor Cheng Xin Nong is Dr. Yang’s mentor and colleague at the China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine; he is also Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering, Chief Editor of Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion (CAM) one of the key textbooks used in all acupuncture schools in the in the world. It’s Dr. Yang’s honor to be a PhD who studied directly under Professor Cheng and worked with him in clinic for 11 years.
Dr. Yang receiving her PhD Degree from Professor Cheng Xin Nong at the China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Beijing, China. She was one of the first few doctors who were so honored prior to 1988.
Dr. Yang as acupuncture professor at Mercy College & Touro College; she demonstrates proper needling technique as students observe.
Dr. Yang, PhD, MD (China), LAc (NY), Doctor of Oriental Medicine (NM)
- Over 35 years practice and teaching in the field of acupuncture gynecology and internal medicine.
- Certified Medical Doctor and Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor (OMD) in China since 1985.
- Certified in the United States and New Mexico as Doctor of Oriental Medicine (Herbology and Acupuncture), National Certified Diplomate in acupuncture and Chinese Herbology since 1999. Licensed New York acupuncturist.
- International practice and lecturing in USA, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, South Korea, Brazil, Greece, China hospital and China Beijing Acupuncture Training Center affiliated with World Health Organization Since 1988.
- Chief Physician of Gynecology & Internal Medicine at China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1993 (Beijing, China)
- Professor of Acupuncture and Herbal medicine at International Institute of Chinese Medicine (New Mexico, 1999 - 2002)
- Chair of Acupuncture, Clinic Director and Academic Director at New York College(2003 to 2004)
- Core faculty member at acupuncture program at Mercy College, Touro College and Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (Current, New York City)
- Listed in Who's Who Among American Teachers (2004).
- Featured and interviewed by Fox TV and Long Island TV Channel 12. (2003, 2004).
- Guest speaker at North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital.
- Guest speaker at Stony Brook University, School of Medicine.
- Honorary Professor at the Norwegian Acupuncture School (Oslo, Norway) and Guest Professor at the Swedish College of Acupuncture (Sweden).
- Research consultant concerning "Acupuncture Diagnosis and Treatment of Post Traumatic Stress disorders" funded by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (reference #AT001229).
- National first award about " Acupuncture Treatment of Depression"(1991)
- Numerous publications and books.
- Dr. Yang was trained in China, 11 years of full time program for biomedicine, acupuncture, herbal medicine.
- Dr. Yang received her certification as a Medical Doctor (MD) and Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor in China (OMD) in 1985, and was one of the first practitioners in China to earn a PhD in clinic acupuncture (1991). Dr. Yang studied and worked with her mentor, the most famous professor Dr. Cheng Xin-nong who is the author of Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion (The main textbook used to train acupuncturists in the USA). Dr. Yang did her fellowship of gynecology and internal medicine at China Academy of TCM, principally conducted research on the use of acupuncture for fertility, menopause, and PMS. In 1996, she trained a staff of midwifes to help women with morning sickness and birth pain management using acupuncture.
Doctor Yang Specialties:
- Gynecology: Dr. Yang specializes in fertility, IVF (In Vitro Fertilization), IUI (Intrauterine Insemination), pre-pregnancy and miscarriage support, PMS, menopause . As a female acupuncture gynecologist, she understands more how to care female issues.
- Internal Medicine: Dr. Yang has successfully treated vertigo, Ménière's disease, depression, allergies, sinusitis, and asthma with 90% successful results. With her five special comprehensive techniques, she successfully works with weight control issues, eating disorders, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). She is a research consultant concerning "Acupuncture Diagnosis and Treatment of Post Traumatic Stress disorders" funded by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (reference #AT001229). In 1991, her PhD's research about depression with acupuncture treatment received the national first award.
- Pain Management: With few needles insertion, it will eliminate pain in one or five minutes.
Dr. Liu, PhD, MD (China), LAc (NY), Doctor of Oriental Medicine (NM)
Dr. Liu (lower right) with His Herbal Clinic Students
Main Academic Experiences
Professor, Dr. Liu, has been practicing acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and integrative medicine for 22 years. He graduated from He Bei Medical University in 1983, devoting more than a decade to the full-time study of biomedicine, acupuncture and herbal medicine. Dr. Liu was one of the first people to earn a PhD and MD, honors that are achieved by very few doctors in China. He is specializing in Nephrology, Urology, Gastroenterology and Diabetes. He was a professor, and chief physician, as well as mentor professor for postgraduate students at the Postgraduate School and Xi Yuan Hospital of China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1993. During this period he was actively involved in research, teaching and treating patients. A top Nephrology and diabetes specialist, he serves as deputy chair of the Nephropathy Division of the Beijing Association of integrating of Western and Chinese Medicine, committee member of the Nephropathy Division of China National Board of Integrating Western and Chinese Medicine, and committee member of the Nephropathy Division of China National Board of TCM.
Academic Research Achievements
Professor Liu has been teaching, researching and practicing over over twenty two years in the field of integrative of Western and Chinese Medicine. In 1993, he was a principal investigator for the Ig-A Nephropathy and diabetes nephropathy Treatment Grant from the National Natural Scientific Foundation and other research grants. Professor Liu has published 20 books and more than 150 research articles focusing on Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture treatment of conditions such as nephrology, diabetes and lupus, autoimmune disorders. In 2000, he was invited to be a professor at the International Institute of Chinese Medicine in USA. From that time, he received his License of Doctor of Oriental Medicine, License of acupuncture, Diplomate of Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology from National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (USA), Currently Professor Liu is teaching and clinic supervising at Mercy College, Touro College and Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (New York City).
- Over 30 years practice, teaching and research. One of the most famous herbalist in USA and China.
- Dr. Liu, a chief physician at Xi Yuan Hospital in China, a mentor professor at the China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Nationally certified Acupuncturist, Chinese herbalist and NY licensed acupuncturist.
- Chair of herbal and oriental medicine department at the New York College (2003 to 2005).
- Professor and clinic supervisor at Mercy College, Touro College and Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.
- Dr. Liu is the author of 20 books and more than 150 research articles.
Dr. Liu specializes in using herbs and acupuncture to treat kidney stones, uterine bleeding, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), prostatitis, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), male reproductive disorders,. Currently his several prostate cancer patients PSA decreased to normal range after taking his herbal formula, one of them is doctor. Dr. Liu also successfully treats indigestion problems, diabetes, high cholesterol, lupus and other autoimmune disorders.
Dr. Yang's & Dr. Liu's Specialties
Acupuncture for Infertility Concerns: Endometriosis, Frozen Embryos Transfer Support, High FSH, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Support, Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Support, Male Infertility Factors, PMS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Pregnancy Pains, & Yeast Infection
Acupuncture for Pain Management: Back Pain, Carpal Tunnel, Facial Pain, Fibromyalgia, Golf Elbow, Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Pain, Sprained Ankle Pain, TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome), Tendonitis, Tennis Elbow, Trigeminal Neuralgia, & Wrist Pain